CW+A Quick One on the East Coast UPDATE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ mortalmusic Message Board ]

Posted by Fluffy Centner on February 26, 19102 at 21:37:05:

Hey Everyone, I was lucky enough to accompany Chris on his last 5 east coast dates. The shows were unbelieveable. Each night he just got better and better. Chris' friend Goat accompanied us to the last 3 shows and performed with Chris on a couple of songs at The Saint show in Asbury Park NJ and a couple of songs at Tonic in NYC. Chris Rael(sp), Chris' guitar tech for many years, also joined us for the Tonic show as he was off the the road with David Gray at the moment. It was nice to see him again as well. CW is in great spirits and is looking positively toward the future. He returned to Germany on Monday and will be embarking on a quick 20 shows in 20 days upon his return. I forget who he is opening for on those dates, but Chris told me they were big fans of his music and asked him to accompany them on their tour. On sunday after the tour of the East Coast, Chris returned to the studio to rerecord a couple of acoustic versions of songs from Rockethouse and also attempt a couple of new ones. Don't know when this stuff will see the light of day, but be on the look out. It sounded GREAT!!! Chris has also recorded a couple of soundtracks with all new music while he was in Germany. He was working with members of Nina Hagens band and with members of another band that had members who went on to form Rammstein. I can't wait to hear the new stuff. When I have titles I will post them here. I also tooks lots of fotos from this last run of dates. I am going to see if Dan Whitley is interested in posting them here, as per, Chris' request. Hopefully you will all be seeing them shortly. I also took photos on the summer Rockethouse tour and some of those ended up on the Chris Whitley Official site. They were erroneously credited to Ken Helie, the tour manager. I also have the set lists from all 5 nights. Hopefully I can post those with the pictures here. Thats the latest, hope this post finds everyone well. Chris says thanx for all the support and great turnouts at the shows this past week. He is looking forward to some more possible stateside dates in the April/May time frame. We will just have to wait and see what happens. Oh yea, forgot to mention, ATO has a video collection of Chris out now. I really don't know where you can get it. We were selling it out on the road. I finally got a chance to check it out when I got home from the tour. It is quite nice. It even has some early footage of Chris from his busking days in 70's NYC and also from an old new wave band he played guitar in. It was all quite a treat. The video segments are all tied together by an interview with CW. The video also includes footage from the Bowery Ballroom show with Rockethouse from the summer tour. It was the CW, DJ Logic, Heiko, Etienne, Tony Mangurian lineup. There are 2 songs from that show. It also has videos shot for songs on Dirt Floor.(check out CW's badass haircut in those vids) and lots of Trixie shows up in it as well. All in all it is a very kewl compilation of CW. It is about 45 mins long.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ mortalmusic Message Board ]